Here you can get the detailed information on Movies TV. Know the complete reviews and tips on Movies TV our articles are very clearly written posts that any one can understand. So learn more about Movies TV. read all blogs for get complete details......

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hellboy II - The Golden Army - Review

As with all my movie reviews, I shall give you an honest opinion of the movie, going through both its good and bad points. Now, to start with, and I must write this before I forget, I had a major issue with the contingency of the movie, centering around the character Abe Sapian.

Those of you familiar to this series of comic know that Abe is a water inhabitant that in order to survive out in the open must wear the water equivalent of an oxygen tank...though its not exactly a water tank, but anyway I digress. For the first half hour of the movie, Abe wears this tank when both in the Headquarters and the outside world...however, randomly, part way through the movie seems to decide that he can actually breathe oxygen and the water tank disappears for the rest of the movie.

See, in all honesty, this isn't even a small inconsistency...in fact, its actually a pretty large one. Thing is some people are saying its because he randomly got some kind of small adapter, however something like this would need to be explained and would really only go hand in hand with Red getting a new weapon...which by the way he does not.

And now that my rant is over I shall go on to talk about the actual film and story itself. Now most people seem to have mixed feelings about this movie. I quite simply really, really liked it. It's not often I find myself actually laughing at this type of movie, and enjoying it, but I did. In fact its one of those rare Dark Knight occasions, and probably the last for the year as more Hollywood drivel prepares to hit the big screens.

The acting is this movie was brilliant, and the guy that plays the Prince, superb. The make up was awesome and very believable on such characters as Red. And as for Ron Perlman, that guy is highly under-rated as an actor and an action hero. In fact most people seem to forget he was in Alien Resurrection and Blade II...in fact, seems he likes to be in sequels...hmm.

I was however disappointed that David Hyde-Pierce didn't do the voice of Abe Sapien unlike in the first movie, a voice that definitely suited the character, however the voice acting was above par, and if you hadn't seen the previous movie, then you honestly won't care.

Also, a new addition to the Hellboy cast was the infamous and brilliant Seth MacFarlane doing the voice of the robot whom I believe was called Krauss...though I am not entirely sure of the accuracy of that statement. Anyway, his character was completely different the usual Family Guy and American dad that MacFarlane has introduced us to over the past few years, and I was pleasantly surprised at the limitless acting skills that this man possesses.

The story to this new movie was very interesting and successfully managed to keep my attention for the majority of the film, with the random comedy scenes, great action scenes and fantastic general story telling. And even though there will be a lot of people who will disagree with my opinion of this movie, I actually don't care. This is one of those movies that you will either love or hate, and for me this is definitely one of the best movies I have seen all year...not that there have been many contenders.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home