Here you can get the detailed information on Movies TV. Know the complete reviews and tips on Movies TV our articles are very clearly written posts that any one can understand. So learn more about Movies TV. read all blogs for get complete details......

Friday, August 22, 2008

I Really Wanted to Believe

It pains me to say this but I was waiting in anticipation for this movie ever since the series ended in 2002 and left the theater nothing short of disappointed. I wasn't expecting the movie to be fantastic or a beautiful piece of cinematic art. But being that I consider myself and die hard fan and a "shipper" at that, I at least expected to enjoy it. Even my expectations of this movie mustering up some kind of "nostalgic tinglies" were shot to, well you know.

The plot (or the various subplots) just didn't do anything for me. It was underdeveloped and lacked any kind of intrigue. I cant even piece together how this could be an "x-file". Or why the F.B.I would need the estranged agents help at all. The only thing paranormal is the psychic who, quite frankly, was barely intriguing but more or less just creepy and disturbing. I don't fully understand the significance of the little boy. I know its the science vs. faith thing but the whole issue is left unresolved and with me scratching my head. The relationship between the characters seemed a bit off and pretty much just boring. The allure of the the mulder/scully relationship has always been the angsty tension and the push/pull dynamic between them. There is barely any of that in this movie. It was hard to even tell exactly where they stood with each other during the film. "Are they together"? "Did they just break up"? "Wait, I thought the just broke up why are they kissing"? "What the 'h' are they doing in a boat"?. I actually said all these things during the movie. I felt no emotional connection to the two at all. I instead felt kind of sorry for them and their weird dysfunctionality as a couple. Before seeing this movie I would have told you that there is no way I wouldn't feel anything while watching this movie. Well I would have been wrong.

I guess it wouldn't have been so disappointing if I didn't know that they could have done better. I've seen so many episodes that I consider brilliant, and even the first movie was above par in my opinion. I wish the writers and producers would have put a little more thought and effort into it. Don't get me wrong the acting was good. Gillian Anderson is fantastic and she had some very well-acted scenes in this movie. But the writers? Wow. I've read better fanfic.

My only hope is that this film does well enough at the box office to warrant these guys another chance at redemption. I hope that if the opportunity comes along they will use their god-given talents and produce an amazing film like the true fans know they can.

Labels: